Conor McGregor avoids jail over melee at UFC media event

Conor McGregor avoids jail over melee at UFC media event

"I just want to say im thankful to the DA and the judge for allowing me to move forward".

McGregor, 30, who is the first fighter in UFC history to hold world titles in two weight divisions simultaneously, has had all felony charges dismissed after the incident in Brooklyn's Barclay's Center. He had already paid for the damage to the bus.

Following the verdict, McGregor issued a brief statement to the media.

McGregor was ordered to stay away from the three UFC stars injured by broken glass for the next two years.

According to ESPN, McGregor's guilty plea for this deal will leave him with no criminal record and won't affect his travel visa. "To my family, my fans, thank you for support", he said.

Mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor is due back in court in NY today on charges of assault and criminal mischief.

McGregor appeared in Kings County Criminal Court in Brooklyn, N.Y., where he pleaded guilty to one count of disorderly conduct, as did his teammate and fellow perpetrator in the bus attack Cian Cowley.

Pakistan Election 2018: 53,000 observers will monitor polls
Gandapur's party, the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, condemned the attack, but campaigning continued ahead of Wednesday's polls. Respondents listed top two election issues as access to clean water and gas for cooking, each at 17 percent.

The victory in NY saw McGregor become the first fighter in the UFC to hold two belts at the same time.

A meeting in NY could be seen as closure for the rivals after their near-clash in April at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. Video shot during McGregor's bus melee showed Nurmagomedov being held back as the UFC star and his teammates swarmed the bus and threw several items at it.

The Irishman is expected to face Khabib Nurmagomedov for the UFC lightweight title later this year.

Orders of protection also were given for MMA fighters Ray Borg, Jason Ledbetter and Michael Chiesa.

Nurmagomedov, the current 155-pound champion, was on the bus and said he had to be restrained to keep from fighting McGregor.

McGregor handed himself in to police soon after the incident.

Related Articles